who said that?
1. Seymour Weyss Smith "The John Hanson Story"
2.Tour Guide Training Manual The City of Charleston
3. Franklin, John Hope "From Slavery to Freedom"
4.Johnson, Michael P. & James L. Roark "Black Masters"
A free Family Of Color in the Old South
5.Koger, Larry "Black Slave Owners"
Free Black Slave Masters in South Carolina 1790-1860
6. Lewis, Ronald L. & James E. Newton(Eds) "The Other Slaves"
Mechanics, Artisans & Craftsmen
7.Littlefield, Daniel C. "Rice and Slaves"
Etinicity and the slave trade in Colonial South Carolina
8.Raymond Logan & Irving Cohen "The American Negro"
9.Phillips, Ulrich B. "American Negro Slaves"
A survey of the supply, employment and
control of the Negro labor as determined
by the plantation regime
10. Woodson, carter G. "Free Negro Owners of Slaves in the United States in 1830"
Together with absentee ownership of Slaves in the United states
11.Johnson, Michael P. & James L. Roark "A defense of Southern Slavery"
12.Elkins, Stanley M. "Slavery a Problem in American Institutional and Intellectual Life"
13. Gatell, Frank Otto & Allen Weinstein(Eds) "American Negro Slaves"
14.Stampp, Kenneth M. "The Peculiar Institution"
Slavery in the Ante-Bellum South
15.Smith, Julia Floyd "Slavery"
And Rice Culture in Low Country Georgia 1750-1861
16.Lewis, Ronald L. "Coal, Iron, & Slavery Industrial Slavery in Maryland and Virginia"
17.Berlin, Ira "Many Thousands Gone"
The first two centuries of slavery in North America
18 Coughtry, Jay "The Notorious Triangle"
Rhode Island and the African Slave Trade 1700-1807
19. Diouf, Sylviane A. "Servants of Allah"
African Muslims Enslaved in the Americas
20. Gomez, Michael "Exchanging Our Country Marks"
The Transformation of African Identities in the Colonial and Antebellum South
21. Hall, Gwendolyn "African Ethnicities in The Americas"
Restoring the Links
22.Thornton, John 2nd ed "Africa and Africans in the making of the Atlantic World"
23.Wycliffe Bible Translators "De Good Nyews Bout Jedus Christ Wa Luke Write"
24.J. A. Rodgers "The Five Negro Presidents" U. S. A.
25.J. A. Rodgers "100 Amazing Facts About The Negro"
With Complete Proof
26. John Meffert, Sherman Pyatt & the Avery Research Center
"Charleston South Carolina"
Black America Series
27.Joyce V. Coakley "Sweet Grass Baskets"
And the Gullah Tradition
28.Amrita Chakrabarti Myers "Forging Freedom"
Black women and the pursuit of Liberty in Antebellum Charleston
29.Damon L. Fordham "Voices of Black South Carolina"
Legend & Legacy
30.Ethan J. Kytle & Blain Roberts "Denmark Vesey's GARDEN"
Slavery and Memory in the Cradle of the Confederacy
31. J. Williams Harris "The Hanging of Thomas Jeremiah"
A free Black Man Encounter with Liberty
32.Nancy Rhyne "Slave Ghost Stories"
Tales of Hags, Hants, Ghost & Diamondback Rattlers
33.Mark R. Jones "Wicked Charleston"
The dark Side of the Holy City
34. (Photographs & Text) DANIEL M. SMITH, JR.
"African- Americans and Charleston"
35.Edward Ball "Slaves in the Family"
36. Mamie Garvin Fields with Karen Fields
"Lemon Swamp and Other Places"
A Carolina Memoir
37. ZORA NEALE HURSTON "BARRACOON" tHE STORY OF THE LAST "BLACK CARGO"
38. DAVID ROBERTSON "Denmark vesey" the buried history of america's history
largest slave rebellion and the man who led it
39. Edward a. pearson " designs against charleston"
The trail record of the denmark vesey slave conspiracy of 1822